AFMC’s policy and education outreach specialists serve as the link between health care providers and Arkansas Medicaid. We help providers navigate the Medicaid system and stay up-to-date on policies and procedures.
Our team is a diverse group of professionals, each with several years of managerial experience in clinics and hospitals as well as home health experience and nursing. We visit the following types of providers:
- Primary care physicians
- Area Health Education Centers (AHECs)
- Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs)
- Rural health clinics
- Arkansas Department of Health clinics
During the visits, our outreach specialists offer feedback and educational tools as needed to help providers implement quality utilization and improvement.
Our team provides general consultation in the following areas:
- Medicaid, ARKids First B and other waivered programs
- Medicaid policy updates and requirements
- Episodes of Care assistance and patient-centered medical home education to provide cost-effective, high quality care
- Emergency room education and in-service
- Non-emergency transportation education (NET services)
- Early and periodic screening, diagnosis and treatment (EPSDT)
In addition to Medicaid provider manuals, official notices should be referenced for Medicaid program policy—Arkansas Medicaid Official Notices.
See our map below to find an outreach specialist in your area.